Monday 30 December 2013

Yes Man!


I remembered that I watched ‘Yes Man’ film two or three months ago on the television. This story was produced on 2008 but I just got a chance by coincidence on Hari Raya Aidilaha's holiday. I didn't return to my village because it just one day off. There was no one around, so I just take the opportunity to watch television. Haha. Since I worked here, I can count how many times I sit in front of TV. Most of it just because I went to food court to get some nutrition. Just watching by coincidence.

Yes Man was a story about Carl Allen (Jim Carrey) attended a 'Yes!' seminar. This seminar needs their participant to accept all the challenge around them by saying yes. By taking oath to say 'Yes', they will get some kind of punishment. At the end of the story, the facilitator of the seminar admitted that there was no such covenant which gives such punishment from God to whom disobeyed the agreement of saying ’Yes’.

The starting point of saying yes was only to open Carl's mind to other possibilities, not to permanently take away his ability to say no if he needed to.

What I can conclude from this film is positive thinking, networking and dare to take the challenge.

By saying yes, it opened up the possibilities of success in our life. If we say no if a problem showed up, that means we lose before we fight. Don't give up even the percentage of success is only 1 percent.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take." - Wayne Gretzky
Eighty percent of success is showing up. - Woody Allen

In this film all the people whom Carl granted their request become his friend at the end and willing to help him whenever he wanted. That's what I mean by creating a network around us. We can't live alone by ourselves. We need friend to support us.

By accepting the challenge, we can know our ability to overcome anything. 

"Challenge yourself with something you know you could never do, and what you'll find is that you can overcome anything" - Anonymous.

That's why from now on I will accept all the challenge. I've already have a list of challenge to myself to make sure I have something to accomplish. Yes Man!



30th December 2013
12.34 pm
KLCC
Muscle Museum - Muse

No comments:

Post a Comment